1. Open the photo in Photoshop.
2. Duplicate the layer that the photo is on (Command + J in the Layers window).
3. Set the new layer’s blending mode to Screen.
4. Duplicate the layer again.
5. Apply a Gaussian Blur by going to Filter >> Blur >> Gaussian Blur. Play around with the value. Set the blending mode for this layer to Multiply.
I like finding these simple tutorials. Since I am not the best at Photoshop, I find these little tutorials very helpful. It only takes a few steps to enhance your photo. I tried this effect after learning about this technique and there is so many awesome effects you can get by playing with the value of the Gaussian Blur to make the photo look more realistic and just all around a better photo.