10. HDR Photography, by combining an underexposed, overexposed and regular pictures into one, pro and amateur photographers can create uber vivid images.
(2: HDR Photography, Hurricane HDR)
9. “Tilt Shift” photography makes your pictures look like they came from miniature world! Use a special tilt shift lens, or recreate the effect with programs like TiltShiftMaker.
8. Citizen Photojournalism – Flickr has become as real new source, threatening real photojournalists with authentic coverage of breaking news, sporting events to natural disasters.
(3: Flickr documentaries, Fire photography on flickr, Flickr as news)
7. Satellite photography is giving people a whole new perspective on life on our planet, from images of Obama’s inauguration to real life Where’s Waldo games.
(2: Google Earth Games and Politics From Space)
6. Modern Illusianism – By combining photography with photoshop, photographers like Cristophe Gilbert are recreating imagination as photo art.
5. Lomo photography is all about the quest to bring back retro imagery. Old school photography fans like Brad Pitt are making vintage camera gear hot again, so it’s time to raid your grandpa’s attic.
(3: Brad’s Lomo Camera, Reissuing Antiques, Classic Camera Reduxes)
4. Everyone from fashion designer Paul Smith to Urban Outfitters are carrying fish-eye cameras, and with a few tricks in photoshop you can even fake that fish eye look.
(Create a photo shop pic of yourself fish-eye style and ask, “how do I look?”)
3. Underwater Fashion Photography – Because sometimes, you just can’t create the right look on land. Here Kristy Hume models Versace, Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs and Furstenburg, all underwater.
2. The latest trend for wedding photography is to “trash the dress”. Realizing these dresses only get worn once, brides are ruining their gowns in the pursuit of the perfect picture.
1. Light graffiti uses darkness as a canvas, and light as a brush. A slow shutter speed allows photographers to write or draw by waving lights like glowsticks against a dark background.